;

Saturday, March 7, 2009

TEACHING PHILOSOPHY

I have 6 point of views which resemble my teaching philosophy.

1. I will be an educator who is up-to-date with the latest trend in science education. So my studies will not stop at this master's degree level. The life long learning process will continue through out my life. I am also interested in doing educational research. In this way, I can both convey the latest discoveries and publish the result to the public.

2. I want my students to understand both of the theory and applications of knowledge they gained form my class. I think the students will enjoys learning science subject if they know where, when and how to apply the concept of science in their daily lives. For instance, in my lesson plan I emphasize on acquisition of student's process skills. As we know, process skills in science education can be applied in every aspect in our lives. While integrating the content/factual information/theory of science with the process skills, students will get satisfaction in their studies. That's the way I trained them to appreciate the science. Next, I show them the latest applications and discoveries in science. The objective is to put the material in the context of larger scope than just in the classroom; and also to make the learning process become relevant. For instance, I will use You Tube videos, simulation and virtual trip field.

4. I want to teach my students to think both independently and originally. It
means will try to develop student’s confidence in his/her own ideas and opinions. Student centered learning is the best way to train my students think in the creative and critical ways. For example, give the problem scenario in the lesson in order to push them to think and generate the possible solution.

5. I believe each and every students has the potential to bring something unique and special to the world. I will help students to develop their potential by believing in them as capable individuals. I will assist children in discovering who they are, so they can express their own opinions and nurture their own ideas. I have a vision of a world where people learn to respect, accept, and embrace the differences between us, as the core of what makes life so fascinating.

6. Every classroom presents a unique community of learners that varies not only in abilities, but also in learning styles. My role as a teacher is to give children the tools with which to cultivate their own gardens of knowledge. To accomplish this goal, I will teach to the needs of each student so that all learners can feel capable and successful. I will present curriculum that involves the interests of the students and makes learning relevant to life. I will incorporate themes, integrated units, projects, group work, individual work, and hands-on learning in order to make children active learners. Finally, I will tie learning into the world community to help students become caring and active members of society.

Followers

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP